A Monster Calls - Patrick Ness, Siobhan Dowd The Truth Will Set You FreeThis was beautiful, sometimes unsettling, and most of all: sad. Patrick Ness is a master of words, with a simplicity to his style that manages to be very effective in his storytelling. This book moved me so much in so many ways (words that come to mind: anger, sadness, desperation, fear, disappointment, rage, disconcertment but also wonder, curiosity, and excitement) and made me sympathize with the protagonist, way more than I would have expected, that I gained a completely new respect for the author, making me curious for more. Despite the heavy subject matter and the seemingly rather negative emotions I freely associated up there, this book was never dull or depressing in that I didn't want to pick it up. There was never a moment I wanted to avoid continuing reading--on the contrary, every time I picked it up I almost couldn't put it down. Definitely a thought-provoking read; and although this has nothing to do with it, I will continue reading his Chaos Walking Trilogy with a more open mind and from a completely new angle for sure.